View West Portal in a larger map
Google Maps is a very straightforward site to use. I decided to use the neighborhood of West Portal, mainly just West Portal Ave, for my Map. I plotted my favorite restaurants and shops along the street, and many of them were already set. I then selected pictures and links for the assignment. It was very simple and I feel that most people would be able to use Google Maps to set up their own maps.
I think it would be a great site to make myself a map of my favorite restaurants all over the city. That way when I do not know what type of food I am in the mood for, or where I want to go, I can easily browse the best around. Maybe I would even assign a different color tack to each different type of food. (Yellow for Chinese food, Red for Pizza, Green for health food.)
The map is different from the timeline because location is a big factor instead of time. Both Dipity and Google Maps have their design set up similarly. Users are able to click once for more information and creators are able to easily add pictures and links. I think I prefer Google Maps to Dipity because I did not come across as many faults with Google Maps as I did when I tried Dipity.
Google maps are very helpful in today’s world. People use it daily to find where they are going or where they have been. I do not have GPS so I often print maps and coordinating directions to help me get wherever I am going.

No comments:
Post a Comment